Wednesday 9 May 2007

I´m with stupid

Firstly apologies for the lack of updates. My professor is working me hard. Days usually consist of 4 hours study, lunch at 12 and then onto the library for around 2 for more study/homework. By the evening I´m exhausted.

I do have time to give you a quick insight into Nicaraguan fashion though.

You know when you dump your old t-shirts outside the charity shop once in a blue moon? The ones that advertise the gym that you joined but never used. Well, this is where they end up. They´re mainly American but I have seen a few English brands. And I would say that by the majority of the people wearing them have no idea what they´re promoting or urging people to do.

Here are the top 5 t-shirt slogans.

5. Minnesota Saddlebred Horse Association - Young Nica student on the bus
4. Welcome to Fort worth, Houston. Please set your clocks back 100 years
3. For your viewing pleasure - splashed across the chest of a middle age conservative looking lady.
2. About 100 God is Love tshirts probably handed out by the many evangelical missionaries making huge inroads in Nicaragua.
1. And finally, seen on an extra large chap you wouldn't mess with:
´THE NEXT SALE´ across his gut and on the back ´STAFF´.
I was tempted to ask for the whereabouts of the chinos but didn´t think him and his beefy mates would have seen the funny side.

No comments: